LED Retrofit Kits from MyLEDLightingGuide
MyLEDLightingGuide has been supplying and innovating LED technology tailored for commercial and industrial lighting applications since 2007, and this years line of commercial & industrial LED retrofit kits are better than ever. With higher lumen per watt outputs, easy and quick replacement of existing metal halide or HPS lights, and even rebate eligible: MyLEDLightingGuide’s LED retrofit kits are one of the most competitive on the market, from functionality, to efficiency, to pricing.
Interested in learning how well our LED retrofits stack up against your existing lighting fixtures (and the competition)? Contact one of our lighting professionals here and we will crunch the numbers for you.
LED retrofits that range from the ability to replace 100W metal halide to 400W+ metal halide lights. Easy to install.
High Bay Retrofits
Keep your high bay fixtures but replace the luminaire with LED. This is a powerful way to save money when converting to LED.
LED Post Tops
LED post top retrofit bulbs can replace up to 400W metal halide post tops in seconds. Easy to install and great savings.
Replace fluorescent tubes with energy efficient LED tubes that are even more efficient than fluorescent by 30%.
Choose LED for your downlights with our efficient LED downlight retrofit kits. Great for indoor applications and offer great savings.
LED Street Light Retrofit Kits
LED street light retrofit kits are an affordable way for municipalities of all sizes to save with LED tech.
LED PAR & BR Bulbs
Choose LED PAR & BR bulbs next time you deal with them on a lighting project – the savings are worth it.
LED PL Bulbs
LED technology matched with the PL bulb design equals great savings and easy conversion to LED.
LED Retrofits Replace 150W to 1000W+ HPS, MH, HID & CFL
Our extensive line of LED retrofit options allow lighting projects to fully replace high wattage HID light fixtures with lower wattage, lumen equivalent LED options while keeping the fixture – allowing for cheaper upfront conversion costs. The most popular LED retrofit in our line is the 400w metal halide LED retrofit that easily replaces 400W lights with only 100W of LED with the same lumen output.
For some context, we are capable of replacing 400W metal halide, 1000W MH, and anything below all with our LED retrofits. Below you can see some real life examples of projects that have used our various LED retrofits to convert their existing metal halide, HPS, or fluorescent lighting system over to LED technology.
Lumens Per Watt and It’s Importance
MyLEDLightingGuide has some of the most efficient LED retrofitting kits available on the market today. For example, if you are looking for a 400 watt metal halide or high-press sodium LED replacement, our 100W LED retrofit equivalent offers 15,550 lumens at a whopping 155 lumens per watt. This type of efficiency is around 75% greater than most HID lights. The lumens per watt ratio is the number one indicator of efficiency with a light, and it’s what you should compare when looking at how much energy you will save with one light from the next. When comparing our LED retrofit kits to our entirely new LED fixtures, this lumen per watt ratio is maintained – so it’s not exclusive to our LED retrofit kits. But once you start to compare our lumen / watt ratio to other commercial LED companies, you will see ours winning. And once you compare our LED lumens per watt to your existing lighting system technologies, you will be amazed by the gap.
3 Benefits of Using LED Retrofit Kits vs New Fixtures
Converting to LED technology in your lighting system in and of itself proves to be a major benefit. From energy savings to rebate eligible, LED is far superior as a lighting technology when compared to any HID lighting technology. To increase the practicality of converting to LED even further, retrofit kits offer 3 extra benefits over fully new LED fixtures that make the conversion that much more worth it for any company to make the conversion to LED via LED retrofits. Here are those three added benefits of using LED retrofit kits vs entirely new LED lighting fixtures.
1. A more affordable option upfront. Since retrofit kits allow you to keep your existing fixture, which allows you to only replace the luminaire and ballast, you are able to reduce costs purely because less material is needed to make the product being offered. When you compare a conversion to LED with entirely new fixtures vs a retrofit kit, retrofit kits cost significantly less, typically ranging from 20% to 30% less, depending on your existing lighting system. This type of savings is a very significant difference in cost, and it can make the conversion to LED that much easier on an already constrained budget.
2. Easier & quicker to install. Retrofitting is often a much easier and overall quicker process to execute, especially for a seasoned commercial electrical lighting professional. As a result, you end up with lower billable hours, resulting in overall lower installation costs and fees. This is an often overlooked benefit of converting to LED with retrofit kits that once explained, make the decision that much easier for a company to commit to. If you are looking to save as much as possible and using LED retrofit kits is a viable option for your lighting project, then this is just another benefit that will help build your case to making the commitment to LED lighting.
3. Offer equivalent efficiency. It’s a common myth that LED retrofit kits don’t run at the same efficiency as entirely brand new and native LED fixtures do. This is simply not the case. In fact, they run at virtually the same efficiency, lifespans, and even get offered the same or equivalent rebates in many cases. If you are concerned that retrofitting to LED is going to be less efficient than getting entirely new fixtures, be as ease knowing that this simply isn’t the case – and the lumen per watt math proves it.
5 Common LED Retrofit Kit Questions
There is a lot of unknown facts regarding LED retrofit kits. These unknowns range from will this work in my existing fixture to are they safe. Here we are going to briefly cover the 5 most common and frequently asked questions regarding LED retrofit kits in general, and more specifically our LED retrofits that we offer here at MyLEDLightingGuide. Below are those 5 common questions, answered.
1. What exactly is a retrofit lighting kit? It is simply the process of updating your existing lighting fixtures with a new light source while maintaining the integrity of the fixture itself. In short terms, this is basically replacing the existing light source while keeping the fixture.
2. Should I retrofit or fully replace? It is hard to give blanket advice on this question because everyone’s lighting project, situation, deadlines, and budget are different – in many different and variable ways. For example, some lights may not be compatible with a retrofit kit and thus would require entire fixture replacement. In other cases, the fixtures may be falling apart and we would advise to get entirely new fixtures. Or budget constraints are playing a big role in the decision. There are many situations that can arise when determining if it is better to retrofit or fully replace, but we’d love to help you figure it out. Contact us and one of our retrofit lighting professionals will be able to help guide you towards the best option aimed at both practicality and affordability.
3. Can you retrofit 400w metal halide lights? We most certainly can replace a 400 watt metal halide with LED retrofit kits. In fact, we have the ability to retrofit 150w, 175, 250w, 400w, 750w, 1000w, and higher, or anything inbetween. We are able to offer this wide range of replacement LED equivalents due to our extensive line of commercial LED retrofit kits and ability to dim them down to your exact wattage replacement needs.
4. How can I offset my LED retrofit kit lighting upgrade costs? Many electrical companies offer rebates as an incentive for qualified (DLC) LED lighting systems. This is one of the best ways to truly offset the cost of upgrading to LED (whether it be with retrofit kits or entirely new fixtures). Another way to offset the cost of retrofitting & replacing is to look out for lighting grants you may qualify for. For example, sports fields may qualify for many available local or national grants designed for community sports organizations. This is just one example, and it can be applied to virtually any industry. Just look up grants for your industry, and you may be surprised what you find. If you need help calculating your potential rebate or even need help finding potential grants, contact us and we will gladly help.
5. Are your retrofit kits covered by warranties? Yes, every single light fixture or retrofit that we offer is covered by a warranty. Typically, they range from 5 all the way up to 10 years in length. We offer these to prove we stand behind the technology and products we have developed – and also as a way to put your mind at ease, especially with such a potentially big investment in your lighting system we know we’d appreciate such lengthy warranties ourselves.
If you’d like to learn more about how any LED retrofit kit could drastically improve your company’s lighting system, contact us and one of our commercial LED lighting professionals will be in contact with you (within 24 hours!) Or call us at: (888) 423-3191